October 8, 2010

Mexican Street + Final Birds in the cage :)


This is a piece I have been working on and off for about 3 weeks now. I wanted to keep the palette very colorful and very bright because those are the colors you would normally see in Mexico. I visited a town called Taxco over the summer and from the photo reference I composed this image, added the children, pinata, and other festivities, to make it more of an illustration. Had lots of fun and really enjoyed working on it although I am still waiting to hear back from my teacher with some suggestions for it..so its not final at this point.



The other one I did finish is the bird cage one. It started as a drawing on my sketchbook and evolved to this. I was originally gonna use the design for a planner but I chose to go with the flowers instead (see other blog posts). So in the end I just decided to make this simple illustration, also based on the poem The Soul Bird, which is written as a background for the piece.

1 comment:

  1. They both turned out great! The extra line of flags added a lot of color to the other side.

    ReplyDelete